Freezing cookie dough is a good way to have cookies everytime you get a craving with zero effort. Be taught The best way to Freeze Cookie Dough, which sorts freeze finest, and the way to make cookies from frozen dough!
The dough in these footage is my Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!
I’m Displaying You the Best Method to Freeze Cookie Dough!
I’m about to indicate you not one, not two, however three straightforward methods to freeze cookie dough! I’ll additionally share some ideas and tips relating to which sorts of dough are finest to freeze – and the way to make cookies utilizing frozen dough!
Even the simplest cookie recipe turns into a lot extra tempting when all it’s a must to do is pop a number of balls of frozen dough into the oven and bake.
Why Would You Freeze Cookie Dough?
- Longer Shelf Life: Your cookie dough will final for a lot longer – as much as Three months – if you happen to freeze it. Typically I’ll make a batch of cookie dough simply to inventory it within the freezer!
- Small Batch Baking: Should you’re within the temper for a selfmade cookie or two however don’t really feel like making an entire batch from scratch, frozen cookie dough has your again.
- Present Thought: Some folks may be actually arduous to buy. I discover that frozen cookie dough makes the right present! It’s long-lasting, it’s selfmade, and it’s straightforward to journey with.
The best way to Freeze Cookie Dough Balls
The primary method to freeze cookie dough is within the type of balls. You should use this technique for almost all of cookie recipes.
That is my private favourite approach. Utilizing a cookie scoop make this technique very straightforward!
- Scoop Your Dough: Use a cookie scoop to portion out your dough in line with the recipe instructions. You should use a spoon if you happen to don’t have a cookie scoop, however I undoubtedly suggest getting one if you happen to’re a cookie lover like me.
- Place on Baking Sheet & Freeze: On a big baking sheet lined with parchment paper, “flash freeze” your dough balls for 30 minutes. Then, take away them from the freezer.
- Switch to Bag & Return to Freezer: Transfer your cookie dough balls to a zip-top bag and place them again within the freezer. You should use an hermetic container if you happen to don’t have zip-top baggage. Your cookies will final for as much as Three months, however I prefer to eat mine inside 30 days.
Can You Freeze Dough With out Scooping?
Sure, in fact you may freeze dough with out scooping. Simply package deal it up in an hermetic tub and freeze for as much as 30 days.
- Thaw it out within the fridge for about 24 hours.
- Don’t try to scoop the chilly dough with a cookie scoop as a result of it can break! After all you need to use a spoon to dig in and get the chilly dough out if you happen to’re actually anxious! lol
- As soon as it’s room temperature, take it out of the fridge and in addition it to come back as much as nearly room temperature, so you may simply scoop it out.
- Bake in line with recipe directions!
The best way to Freeze Cookie Dough Discs
Should you’re making cookie dough that you simply’ll need to flatten out with a rolling pin like gingerbread cookies or shortbread cookies, use this technique:
- Kind Disc Form: Along with your fingers or a rolling pin, type a 1-inch thick disc of dough. It’s also possible to type the dough into an extended log for later chopping.
- Wrap with Plastic Wrap & Freeze: Tightly wrap your disc or log with plastic wrap and retailer it within the freezer.
The best way to Freeze Cookie Dough Minimize Outs
This technique can be used for cookies like gingerbread cookies, shortbread cookies and sugar cookies. It’s good for the vacations, as a result of your cookie dough might be able to go in your required shapes earlier than you thaw and bake it!
- Roll & Minimize Out Dough: Roll out your cookie dough and reduce it together with your favourite cookie cutters.
- Place on Baking Sheet & Freeze: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare your cookies on prime. Place the sheet within the freezer till the dough is totally frozen, about 3-Four hours.
- Switch to Bag: Transfer your reduce out cookies right into a resealable bag and place them again within the freezer. Should you’re fearful about your fairly shapes getting damaged whereas they’re saved, use a plastic storage container or a number of baggage.
What Sorts of Cookie Dough Freeze Properly?
Any sort of cookie dough talked about above will freeze effectively for Three months. Considered one of my favourite cookie recipes to freeze is that this Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe.
Mainly, any cookie dough that makes use of butter or one other agent to make it thick and durable is an efficient selection for freezing.
Sorts of Cookies to Keep away from Freezing
Keep away from attempting to freeze extra delicate cookies, corresponding to macarons or cookies that don’t require baking. They received’t be the identical after experiencing your freezer’s extraordinarily low temperature.
The best way to Bake Cookies Utilizing Frozen Dough
Most often, you may bake your frozen cookie dough with or with out thawing it out. Should you don’t need to thaw it, you’ll simply have so as to add a pair minutes to the baking time.
If you wish to thaw your frozen cookie dough, switch to the fridge a number of hours baking or permit the dough to come back as much as room temperature after which bake as regular.
You Can Retailer Baked Cookies Within the Freezer Too!
Don’t be afraid to retailer baked cookies within the freezer as effectively! You simply should allow them to cool utterly and put parchment paper between them whereas they’re saved. Once you’re able to eat them, thaw them out and warmth them up within the microwave for a number of seconds or within the oven at 350°F for two minutes.
Cookie Dough That Freezes Properly…
PIN for later: