Bitter Cream Candied Pecans are my new obsession! These glazed pecans are like a pecan praline, however with an excellent creamier, candy coating.
Love glazed pecans? Attempt my basic candied pecan recipe too!
Bitter Cream Candied Pecans Are A Southern Basic Snack!
I LOVE pecan pralines…like LOVE. They’re a critical responsible pleasure of mine. And with the ability to make them at house is a slippery slope. However I made a decision to throw warning to the wind, and check out making Bitter Cream Candied Pecans, that are like a wealthy and creamy model of a praline.
It not solely labored, however they’re ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
Bitter Cream Pecan Pralines Are Simple To Make!
In simply minutes these will probably be able to take pleasure in…which can or will not be an excellent factor! BUT that makes them an awesome final minute snack, dessert, or hostess present!
Instruments You Will Want:
- A heavy bottomed saucepan. I like to make use of THIS one.
- A wood spoon or rubber spatula
- A candy thermometer
- Parchment paper
- A big baking sheet
- 3/four cup granulated sugar
- 1/four cup bitter cream
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How Do You Make Bitter Cream Candied Pecans?
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Add the sugar and bitter cream to a medium saucepan over medium warmth and stir always till combination involves a boil. As soon as boiling, scale back the warmth to low and proceed cooking, stirring always, till thick and bubbly, roughly 5 – 6 minutes, reaching 240°F on a sweet thermometer.
- Take away the pan from the warmth and stir within the vanilla extract and salt. Subsequent add the pecan halves and stir till coated.
- Unfold the pecan combination onto the ready baking sheet and let cool utterly.
- Break into items earlier than serving.
How To Retailer Candied Pecans
You possibly can simply retailer these pecans at hermetic at room temperature for two weeks.
Freezing these nuts is feasible, however as they thaw they’ll get sticky, so I don’t suggest it. Plus, I can’t think about there will probably be leftovers as a result of they’re so scrumptious!
Can I Lower This Recipe In Half?
Completely, sure! This recipe can simply be reduce in half and even doubled, which is nice on the holidays if you wish to give them as presents!
To make these pecans crispier, toast the pecans frivolously earlier than coating them. You are able to do this just a few methods:
- In a Skillet: Place the pecans in a skillet on medium warmth. Stirring steadily toast the pecans for 2-5 minutes till they’re frivolously toasted and aromatic.
- Within the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toast nuts on a baking sheet for 7-Eight minutes till toasted and aromatic.
*This submit was in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Fr the complete printable recipe, CLICK HERE.
PIN for later: