I’m writing to tell you concerning the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre’s response to COVID-19. Our dedication to our shoppers, colleagues, and communities that we serve is of the best precedence to VSAC.
We’ve got decided that probably the most socially accountable and preventative motion to COVID-19 is to maneuver operations and employees to distant standing the place doable. For some shopper companies, we’re implementing heightened sanitation and social distancing protocols.
By means of these difficult occasions, we proceed to offer companies to those that are in want of our help. We all know that in durations of higher uncertainty, there may be potential for an increase in violence as individuals attempt to discover management. Positioning ourselves to stay wholesome and to have techniques in place to supply continuous service to our communities will increase our probabilities of assembly emergent wants.
Given the present well being issues with COVID-19 VSAC has applied the next:
- Help and counselling appointments will probably be accessible by way of video/cellphone. Shoppers can contact their counsellor immediately or the Entry line (250-383-3232) if they’ve questions or to reschedule an appointment.
- 24-hour emergency sexual assault response will proceed to be offered by the Sexual Assault Response Staff at our Sexual Assault Clinic. We’re implementing elevated sanitation and social distancing protocols for this service.
- Our Service Entry Line continues operations Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm.
- The VSAC workplace is closed for drop-ins.
- All plans for future gatherings or teams will probably be placed on maintain till the COVID-19 has been contained.
- We’ve got elevated cleansing and disinfecting of all generally touched surfaces on the Centre.
- We is not going to be accepting any bodily donations and we thanks to your continued monetary help as we navigate this troublesome time. Donations may be made by means of our safe donation web page.
are monitoring new developments commonly to make sure that these procedures are
in keeping with advisable actions. We’ll proceed to
adapt our work as essential to make sure continuous companies for survivors to revive
a way of security and well-being as they work by means of the impacts of sexualized
When you have questions on these measures please contact
hope that you just and your family members stay wholesome and secure.
In case you are in want of companies:
When you have been lately assaulted: Entry our 24-hour Sexual Assault Response Staff service by calling the Vancouver Island Disaster Line (1-888-494-3888) and requesting to talk to a VSAC Sexual Assault Help Employee.
To entry our different companies: Name our Entry Line (250-383-3232) or e-mail
For quick emotional help name the Vancouver Island Disaster Line (1-888-494-3888 ) and/or in case you have well being issues name HealthLink BC at 811 or your well being care supplier.
If you’ll be able to give we’re accepting donations on-line. You can also make a one-time reward or join a month-to-month donation by means of our safe on-line web page. Thanks to your help.
Donate As we speak