This Kalua Crock Pot Pulled Pork is a Hawaiian favourite! It’s tremendous simple to make in your sluggish cooker and also you solely want three elements! Get pleasure from it on a Hawaiian roll together with your favourite slaw!
Kalua Pork Is the Best Approach to Make Pulled Pork within the Crock Pot
Okay, I do know there’s 1,000,000 methods to make pulled pork in a crock pot. However, this Hawaiian model is probably the most tender, flavorful, and best I’ve tried, but! Severely, there are solely three elements. It doesn’t get any simpler than that!
You will have seen this by another names, like Kalua pig or luau pork. The identify is perhaps totally different however the tender, smoky taste is identical!
Pulled pork is a fav of mine to have round as a result of you should use it so some ways. This pulled pork is further particular as a result of the straightforward elements with huge Hawaiian taste make it THE BEST pulled pork so as to add to absolutely anything!
You Solely Want three Components for this Kalua Pork Recipe!
Sure! You learn that accurately – simply three elements for probably the most mouth watering, taste packed pulled pork you’ve ever tried!
Right here’s what you’ll want:
- boneless pork butt roast
- Hawaiian sea salt
- liquid smoke
What’s Hawaiian Salt?
Hawaiian salt is definitely Alaea Salt. And now you would possibly say, effectively, what’s Alaea Salt? It’s a res salt that in unrefined sea salt that’s been combined with volcanic clay that’s wealthy in iron oxide. The pink clay is what offers Hawaiian salt it’s pink coloring.
They are saying that this kind of salt actually helps seal within the moisture when cooking meats. It has a light, ,mellow salt taste that can be utilized in mainly all your different dishes you’d use salt. And is particularly a pleasant contact for a ending salt.
I purchased mine on amazon.
The way to Make Kalua Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Assemble: Place the pork butt in your sluggish cooker. Sprinkle it with salt and add within the liquid smoke.
- Prepare dinner: Flip the sluggish cooker on low and cook dinner the pork butt for 18 hours. Flip the meat over as soon as throughout the cooking.
- Take away: When the meat is tender and simply shreddable, take away it from the sluggish cooker into a big bowl.
- Sauce: Switch the liquid right into a medium sauce pot. Boil the liquid till it’s lowered by half. This can take roughly 20 minutes.
- Shred: Whereas the liquid is boiling, shred the meat and return it to the sluggish cooker. Flip the sluggish cooker to the nice and cozy setting.
- Mix: As soon as the liquid is lowered add a bit of at a time again to the meat till the specified moistness and taste is added.
Suggestions for the Finest Pulled Pork
I’m telling you, that is the most effective, most flavorful, and best crock pot pulled pork recipe you will see! Observe the following tips to ensure it seems excellent each time:
- For those who use a smaller roast, you should definitely use much less salt and smoke, too. You don’t need to find yourself with too salty pork.
- Additionally, you will need to alter your cooking time for a smaller roast. Keep watch over it and take away the roast when it’s nearly to collapse when poked with a fork.
- For those who can’t discover the Hawaiian sea salt, you may sub it out for Pink Himalayan sea salt.
Methods to Use Pulled Pork
I serve this smoky Kalua pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls topped with my favourite coleslaw. You may make your sandwich on a snowflake roll or dinner roll and add a slice of provolone or Swiss cheese. My Parker Home rolls are superb on the aspect too!
Strive it on prime of a flatbread pizza alongside together with your favourite cheese, some sliced inexperienced onions and pineapple.
I additionally serve this pulled pork in quesadillas, burritos, and tacos. Or on prime of a heaping serving to of beans and rice, a giant Mexican or southwestern salad, or on prime of an enormous plate of tacky nachos!
For those who’re searching for one thing lighter, you may serve Kalua pulled pork as lettuce wraps.
You may even eat it plain with a serving of sticky rice and a few fried plantains.
The way to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
You may retailer your leftover pulled pork in an hermetic container in your fridge. Simply let it come to room temperature earlier than you add it to the container. It can keep in your fridge for about 5 days. To reheat it, merely add it to a pan over low warmth till it’s heat after which use it nevertheless you’d like (I vote for on nachos!)
I additionally like to freeze this pulled pork to make use of at a later time. It can keep in your freezer for about 5-6 months. You may permit it to defrost after which use it nevertheless you like.
Trying For Extra Pulled Pork? Strive These Different Variations…
Kalua Crock Pot Pulled Pork is a Hawaiian favourite! It’s simple to make in your sluggish cooker and also you solely want three elements. Get pleasure from it on a Hawaiian roll with slaw!
- 1 (5 – 6 pound) boneless pork butt roast (additionally known as Boston butt)
- 2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Place the pork butt in your sluggish cooker. Sprinkle with salt and add in liquid smoke.
- Flip the sluggish cooker onto low and cook dinner for 18 hours, turning meat over as soon as throughout cooking.
- When the meat is tender and simply shreddable, take away the meat from the sluggish cooker into a big bowl.
- Switch the liquid right into a medium sauce pot. Boil the liquid till lowered by half, this can take roughly 20 minutes.
- Whereas liquid is boiling shred the meat and return to the sluggish cooker. Flip the sluggish cooker to the nice and cozy setting.
- As soon as the liquid is lowered add a bit of at a time again to the meat till desired moistness and taste is added.
Serve on Hawaiian rolls topped together with your favourite cole slaw if desired.
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, kahlua pork, sluggish cooker pork, hawaiian pork, pork recipe, sluggish cooker recipe, pulled pork crock pot, crockpot pulled pork