Carmelita Cookies are the ULTIMATE oatmeal chocolate chip cookie full of gooey caramel! This cookie recipe is a twist on the traditional cookie bar.
Make certain to attempt my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
Carmelita Cookies Are The Final Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie!
I made these cookies again in 2013, however I believed the photographs wanted a little bit little bit of a spruce up as a result of they’re AMAZING! They’re a tender, buttery oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with gooey layer of caramel baked inside!
These stuffed cookies are simple to make as a result of we use a little bit shortcut for the caramel filling! We used a caramel crammed chocolate sweet (like Rolos) within the center to do the heavy lifting right here! They bake up superbly in case you comply with a number of the essential ideas beneath!
What Are Carmelitas?
Historically, Carmelitas are a cookie bar recipe. The crust and topping is a fast, buttery oat cookie with a layer of chocolate chips and caramel within the center. They’re a fast, attractive cookie bar that’s at all times a crowd pleaser.
I KNEW I needed to make a cookie model of the bars, and so they turned out completely good!
What Substances Do You Want?
You may need most of those substances in your pantry now! Right here’a listing:
- mild brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- all function flour
- fast oats…you may as well use quaint (or rolled oats) if that’s all you’ve gotten, however I favor smaller, fast oats, for these cookies for greatest outcomes.
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- caramel crammed chocolate candies
What Form Of Caramel Candies Are Advisable?
I’ve made these cookies with totally different sorts of caramel sweet.
- Rolo. These appear to be the simplest to search out, and so they work completely!
- Caramello. These are available bar kind, and you’ll simply freeze the bars and break them into squares to make use of within the cookies!
- Dove Promises. They make these ina few totally different caramel variations and they’d all work nice!
- Ghirardeilli Squares. These are a little bit bigger than the opposite candies I’ve talked about, however they might nonetheless work! Simply be certain they’re all contained in the cookie dough.
How To Make Carmelita Cookies…
- Cream the butter and sugar collectively till mild and fluffy after which add within the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and blend for 1 minute till included and clean.
- Flip your mixer to low and add within the flour after which the oats.
- Subsequent add in your chocolate chips till mixed. You would cease right here and bake these as-is and you’d have nice oatmeal chocolate chip cookies…BUT since we’re going the additional mile at this time…
- Chill your dough within the fridge. AND your candies within the freezer. You want each to be chilly, so give them not less than an hour, however if you wish to make this the day earlier than that works too!
- Whenever you’re prepared, portion out the dough utilizing a medium scoop and kind the dough round one caramel sweet. Seal the dough fully across the sweet so the caramel doesn’t ooze out.
- Bake till edges are golden and tops have simply set and let the cookies cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to complete cooling.
Why Do You Have To Freeze The Sweet?
This step is one I HIGHLY suggest for these cookies. The frozen sweet has much less of an opportunity of melting out of the chocolate throughout baking in case you begin out frozen.
Caramel, if it does get baked, can burn rapidly and get onerous, so beginning with a frozen sweet helps stop this from occurring and escaping from the dough.
The Cooling Course of…
Permit these cookies to chill on the baking sheet for so long as you may. The caramel sweet sinks to the underside of the dough whereas baking (completely regular) and in case you try to combine the cookie earlier than it’s cooled, the sweet could drop out of the cookie.
The caramel inside must set again up as a result of will probably be gooey and since a large number if moved whereas sizzling!
Wanting For Extra Caramel Stuffed Desserts? Strive These…
These caramel crammed oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a spin on a traditional Carmelita Cookie Bar!
- 1 1/Four cups butter, room temperature
- 1 half of cups mild brown sugar
- 2 giant eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/Four cups all function flour
- Three cups fast oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 36 unwrapped Rolo candies, frozen (or another caramel crammed particular person caramel crammed chocolate sweet)
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and brown sugar collectively on medium velocity for two minutes.
- Add within the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and blend for 1 minute till included and clean.
- Flip mixer to low and add in flour, mixing till simply mixed. After which including the oats, turning up the mixer to medium if crucial till evenly included.
- With the mixer on low, add within the chocolate chips till mixed.
- Cowl the dough with plastic wrap and chill dough within the fridge for not less than an hour. Throughout this time freeze your caramel crammed candies.
- When dough is prepared, preheat your oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Utilizing a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough. Press a caramel sweet into the dough, wrapping the dough across the sweet and sealing it, forming a ball. Place your dough balls about 2- inches aside on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till edges are golden and tops have simply set.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to complete cooling.
Freezing candies and chilling dough is really helpful as a result of the caramel sweet will sink to the underside of the cookie and persist with your pan.
In case you neglect to freeze the candies and chill the dough, permit the cookies to chill fully on the baking sheet.
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, cookies, cookie recipe, oatmeal chocolate chip, caramelita, caramel, stuffed cookies
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: