Caramelized onions and sautéed pink bell peppers and zucchini blended with eggs and Parmesan create a profitable egg frittata breakfast dish.
Caramelized Onion, Pepper, Zucchini Frittata
Frittatas are a really versatile egg dish. Not solely are they nice for breakfast, however in addition they may be eaten for lunch or dinner if paired with a salad. Frittatas are an effective way to wash out the fridge as a result of you possibly can fill them along with your favourite elements. Something goes! For some extra vegetable frittata recipes, try this Swiss Chard Frittata and this Mushroom Shallot Frittata. And if you wish to make a quiche, do this Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche or these Petite Crustless Quiches.
Bell peppers and zucchini are in season now, and utilizing them in your frittata is an effective way to make the most of them.
To make this oven-baked frittata, begin by sautéing the greens on the range after which pour within the whisked eggs. As soon as the eggs start to set after a few minutes, put the skillet within the oven at 400 levels and bake for 10-15 minutes.
For those who don’t have a cast-iron or different oven-proof skillet, you possibly can cowl the frittata and cook dinner it on low warmth. When it’s nearly achieved, flip the frittata over onto a plate. Then slide it again into the pan, so you possibly can end browning the frittata on the opposite aspect. You can even bake the egg combination in a glass baking dish. After you cook dinner the greens, combine them with the eggs, and pour right into a 9-inch deep pie or sq. baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes at 400 levels.
What’s the distinction between a quiche, omelet, and frittata?
Quiche is an egg custard dish that mixes eggs with cream or milk. The quiche fillings are blended in with the uncooked eggs after which baked within the oven. Quiche sometimes has a crust, however you may also make it with out.
When cooking an omelet on the range, you set the filling on high of the cooked eggs and fold half of the eggs over the omelet toppings. Some scrumptious omelet recipes to attempt are this Tomato Mozzarella Egg White Omelet and this Broccoli and Cheese Omelet.
For a frittata, you cook dinner your greens first after which combine the filling into the uncooked eggs. You additionally begin cooking the eggs on the range and end baking them within the oven.
One other distinction is that omelets are often a single serving whereas frittatas and quiches are a number of servings.
Are you able to freeze leftover frittata?
Sure, you possibly can freeze leftover frittata. Lower the frittata in particular person parts and wrap tightly in plastic wrap or put in a zip-lock bag. Thaw in a single day after which microwave for 30-60 seconds earlier than consuming. You possibly can freeze frittatas for as much as three months.
- Change out any of the greens with no matter you could have readily available. Asparagus, broccoli, and bell pepper would all be scrumptious choices.
- Save time chopping the zucchini through the use of your meals processor for a fast chop.
- Sub the parmesan for goat cheese, pecorino romano, or feta or skip the cheese altogether.
- Add Italian sausage or rooster for some further protein.
- To make the frittata lighter, use half eggs and half egg whites. For each egg that you just substitute, use two egg whites.
- Make frittata muffins by pouring the egg combination right into a muffin tin and baking at 350 levels for 25 minutes.
- If it’s good to feed a crowd, you possibly can double the frittata and bake in a 9” x” 13” glass baking dish.
Extra Frittata Recipes Will Love:
Caramelized Onion, Purple Pepper and Zucchini Frittata
Caramelized onions, sauteed pink bell peppers and zucchini mixed create a profitable egg frittata breakfast dish.
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pink bell pepper, diced
- 1 half of cups zucchini, diced into matchsticks
- 6 giant eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and contemporary pepper, to style
Serving: 1/4th, Energy: 186kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 13g, Fats: 11.5g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 284mg, Sodium: 226.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g
Blue Good Factors: 2
Inexperienced Good Factors: 5
Purple Good Factors: 2
Factors +: 4
Key phrases: breakfast frittata, Caramelized Onion Purple Pepper and Zucchini Frittata, frittata recipe, easy methods to make a frittata, zucchini frittata